Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Admin Email notification

Admin Email notification 4 years 4 months ago #3822

• shonnpiersol
  • Junior Boarder
I did a test order for a physical gift card, paid myself $10 via paypal, and didnt receive any notification. Is this how its designed? Yes the paypal payment is certainly notification, but is there an admin email template to create to ensure the notice is received?
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by shonnpiersol. Reason: clarification
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Admin Email notification 4 years 4 months ago #3824

• hungtran
  • Thank you received: 245
Hi,

Do you mean you didn't receive any notification for buyer or for administrator or for both?

If you received email for buyer but not for administrator:
- Ensure you enabled sending a copy of the email to administrators in configuration.

If you didn't receive any notifications for buyer (and administrator if you enabled email for admins):
- Check if your order status is in Paid or Unpaid status.
- If it is in Paid status then somehow your site failed to send the notification emails to buyer and/or administrator, check if your Joomla can send emails.
- If it is in Unpaid status and you are sure that your Paypal transaction is completed (not Pending), you may want to check the file logs/plg_cmgiftcard_paypal.php to see if PayPal sent to your site any notifications.If there is no data in this file or if this file doesn't exist, that means PayPal hasn't sent any notifications to your site, this is a problem from PayPal; if the file exists you can see the reason why your order is not set to Paid status by looking at "failure_reason" attribute in the file.

The most common reason I have seen is we used incorrect currency. For example, our PayPal account only accepts Euro but we make payment in US dollar, the result is our payment is pending for review by ourselves and the order status is still in Unpaid status.

Regards,
Hung

Admin Email notification 4 years 4 months ago #3829

• shonnpiersol
  • Junior Boarder
Still not notifications to admin. Yes its checked to send to admin. Yes it is in paid status. Paypal payments work find. It says PAID, but NOT Delivered.

What does that mean?

If i click the Send EGiftCard button it does nothing. What does that mean?

I receive other joomla emails fine including new members etc.
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by shonnpiersol.

Admin Email notification 4 years 4 months ago #3831

• hungtran
  • Thank you received: 245
Hi,

- Send eGiftCard button sends email to recipient so ensure you check the inbox of recipient.
- Edit the Joomla account of the admin which you expect to receive the emails, check if "Receive System Emails" is set to "Yes".
- If you enable PDF invoice, ensure you've already installed MPDF library, if you haven't installed it yet, PDF invoice can't be generated and emails can't be send. If you don't need PDF invoice, turn it off.

If you can't solve the problem please submit a support ticket with your site access, admin account and FTP access to your server.

Regards
Hung

Admin Email notification 4 years 4 months ago #3832

• shonnpiersol
  • Junior Boarder
Admin receives all email yes.

I posted the other topic about the issue that may be affecting this as well and that is that all orders for e gift cards must be future orders instead of instant. That would possibly restrict emails, though id still assume to get a purchase order type email immediately.

Not using PDF.

Ill submit support ticket.