Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Paypal Notification Customized

Paypal Notification Customized 4 years 3 months ago #3856

• shonnpiersol
  • Junior Boarder
In this image you will see another system i use has customized the paypal notification to include their order number and client email. This is very effective for quick response.

Your Gift Card notification payments just say "Notification of Payment" which doesnt let us know if we have to do anything or not. Physical Gift card notification would mean we should act immediately. E Gift Card notification would allow us to ignore as the system should have sent the gift card for us.

"Physical Gift Card - Notification of Payment" vs "E-Gift card Notification of Payment"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Paypal Notification Customized 4 years 3 months ago #3857

• izrunas
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

Since the message is generated by PayPal, I'm not sure what the good folks at CMExtension can do....?

Paypal Notification Customized 4 years 3 months ago #3861

• shonnpiersol
  • Junior Boarder
"notification of payment" is indeed from paypal. However, as you can see in the image above it is apparently possible to add custom info before and after the paypal autogenerated subject message. The "item #2333852 -" preceeding the "notification of Payment Received" and the ending of "from Loyd stout (email) is custom added by the developer of the other component.

Paypal Notification Customized 4 years 3 months ago #3862

• hungtran
  • Thank you received: 245
Hi,

I already tried this in the past, since 2012, it doesn't work all the times. Sometimes the email subject was just "You received a payment" or "BUYER NAME sent you a payment".

Regards,
Hung

Paypal Notification Customized 4 years 3 months ago #3865

• shonnpiersol
  • Junior Boarder
my vendor "planyo.com" is able to add order number BEFORE the paypal message. even if paypal changes their message, the addon info from the vendor to me changes with each order number. So it must be possible. hopefully we figure out how they did it.