Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Publishing Partners Images and Deals

Publishing Partners Images and Deals 4 years 11 months ago #3559

• KiwiLee
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Hung,

I have found the work flow for listing Partners deals difficult. Maybe I have misunderstood how this is done.
If I want to publish an example Deal for a potential partner I found I have to create it under my own username as no partner exists. And If I created a dummy partner for the example deal it would create further management work and email them their account detail etc, something I don't want to do until they actually join up formally.

So I have created sub directories in my default partners image folder for each potential partner as the software does not seem to do this automatically. Or perhaps I have set it up wrong.
Can you confirm if a Image directory for each partner is created under the partners images file path?
Or does the default directory just become one huge directory full of images and every partner logging in can see everyones images, past, present and future deals all included?

ALSO do the images get deleted from deals if I change a published deal to a later "Coming Soon" date?
Or at any other time?

Thanks Lee
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Publishing Partners Images and Deals 4 years 11 months ago #3560

• hungtran
  • Thank you received: 245
Hi Lee,

If you create a deal in back-end, you can choose any image you have in your images folder. CMGroupBuying doesn't create partner's folder automatically in this case, because you can always change the partner of each deal.

When partner creates deal in front-end, he can only see the images which belong to him (in his folder). When he uploads new images, those images are automatically uploaded to his folder.

The folder of the partners are always created in the folder you provide in configuration ("Folder for partners's images" in "General" tab).

When deal is expired or not available yet, the images are not deleted, because the deals can be still accessed in front-end by visitors or search engines. Partner can always use the same image for many deals.

Regards,
Hung
The administrator has disabled public write access.