Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Over-Sold and under-delivered

Over-Sold and under-delivered 6 years 11 months ago #2268

• pepwave1
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Working on site issues.
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by pepwave1. Reason: Temper got the best of me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Over-Sold and under-delivered 6 years 11 months ago #2269

• hungtran
  • Thank you received: 245
Hi,
pepwave1 wrote:
I purchased CMGroupbuying for my website.

Prior to purchasing, I checked to see if Authorize.net was a direct payment method...it says it is. IT IS NOT.

We do not post any where on our website or on extensions.joomla.org that we support Authorize.NET's AIM or Authorize.NET's SIM or any Authorize.NET' credit card payment.

If you have read our user guide, which is downloaded without registration, you can find this line in "Payment Methods" section: "In CMGroupBuying 2.6.0 we only support Paypal Pro for direct payment with credit card ."
pepwave1 wrote:
I have also attempted to follow the user guide, but the user guide doesn't even resemble the same interface as joomla presents currently...the individual screenshots do not match...and the facebook integration is not current, either.

Joomla has 2 versions, Joomla 2.x and Joomla 3.x, every version has different interface. We only present the screenshot of 1 Joomla version in our user guide. However, we don't have many Joomla interface screenshots in our user guide so we don't know what screenshot makes you confusing.

I don't know what kind of "facebook integration" you were talking about. In our user guide we have already given detailed instruction for what we integration with Facebook, section III.35 Autopost plugin and III.36 Facebook comment. So what do you need?
pepwave1 wrote:
It seems the only way that CMGroupbuying works effectively is if you are willing to purchase a bunch more extensions to merge with it.

What do you need to purchase to make CMGroupBuying work effectively?

OK I will say differently, it seems the only way that Joomla works effectively is if you are willing to purchase a bunch more extensions to install on it.

We do not waste time and effort to do something that has already done by other people perfectly. For example, we don't have newsletter system because the guys at ACYMailing has already provided a perfect solution.
pepwave1 wrote:
It's a bad purchase.

I agree, I feel sorry and I apologize for it. We have public user guide, we have demo site, we have test site for you to try, you could contact us to ask questions before purchasing, but you didn't. If you asked pre-sale questions for Authorize.net, if you checked the user guide, if you checked the test site and saw that there were many features missing, you would realize that CMGroupBuying was not for you and you would not make this purchase.

It is 4AM here and I am very happy with this new Saturday.

Regards,
Hung

Over-Sold and under-delivered 6 years 11 months ago #2270

• pepwave1
  • Fresh Boarder
This is a page right out of the user guide:

It specifically references Authorize.net's AIM as a Direct Payment method in CMGroupbuying 2.7.0.

It then goes on to explicitly say that only Paypal is supported for 2.6.0...most people on my staff including myself, my lead design team, and most of my current programmers all looked at this statement and said, "well, since we want to use Authorize.net for direct payment, we should buy 2.7."...and we did not find out until afterwards that the only direct payment you support at all is for Paypal.

Over-Sold and under-delivered 6 years 11 months ago #2271

• pepwave1
  • Fresh Boarder
The Facebook auto post directions in the user guide do not match Facebook...or maybe they are old?

Current Facebook:

Directions:

Listen: your app works, but I don't have the money to keep paying developers to keep working around solutions to things that should have been int he user guide and so ring basic like the payment methods which your user guide said were available.

I'm not asking for anything that wasn't promised as part of the sale....which was a user guide with instructions on how to configure and set up your app....and Authorize.net's AIM as a Direct Payment Method.

Over-Sold and under-delivered 6 years 11 months ago #2272

• hungtran
  • Thank you received: 245
The lines
Hosted type: Transaction is made on payment service's website, eg Paypal's Web Payment Standard,
Authorize.NET's SIM, eWAY's Shared Payments.
• Direct type: Transaction is made on your website by using credit card, eg Paypal Pro's Direct
Payment, Authorize.NET's AIM, eWAY's Direct Payments.

Doesn't say we support Authorize.NET's AIM or even eWAY's Direct Payment.

The list of Paypal, Authorize.NET and eWAY in these lines is example of what is "hosted type" and "direct type". These 2 definitions only exists in CMGroupBuying, that is why we need to give example to let users, especially non-tech users, know what they are. PayPal, Authorize.NET and eWAY are the 3 popular payment services that give these 2 payment solutions different names (Web Payment Standard vs Direct Payment, Shard Payment vs Direct Payment,...).

Over-Sold and under-delivered 6 years 11 months ago #2273

• pepwave1
  • Fresh Boarder
The statement "In CMGroupBuying 2.6.0 we only support Paypal Pro for direct payment with credit card" in the CMGroupBuying 2.7.0 literature would lead most people to believe that the other two payment types were added with 2.7.0...especially since you mention them by name.

This is bad writing and you should correct your literature for the truth, which is "We only support paypal payments pro" for direct payments."
The following user(s) said Thank You: KiwiLee