Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Multi-Currency Sales / Merchants

Multi-Currency Sales / Merchants 6 years 3 months ago #2809

• RFLuke
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Guys,

I am currently using CMGroupBuying on my Joomla 2.5 site. It hasn't quite had some of the functionality I'm looking for but then so hasn't my website. I am currently redeveloping our site using Joomla 3 and looking for a solution.

Here is what I am hoping is possible. Our company runs in two countries, USA and Australia and as such we run two separate bank accounts, PayPal accounts etc. Obviously we run in two countries. I know CMGB supports multi-currency, that isn't the issue - but the limitation is that due to the nature of the payment plugin, I have been unable to run deals in both countries simultaneously.

Ideally what I would like to happen ...

* Side by side deals for both Australia and the USA (obviously labelled as such.)
* USA deals are in U.S. dollars and automatically pay to our USA PayPal account while AUS deals are in Aussie dollars and pay the Australian PayPal account.

Is there a solution for running this simultaneously?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Multi-Currency Sales / Merchants 6 years 3 months ago #2810

• hungtran
  • Thank you received: 245
Hi,

CMGroupBuying only supports 1 currency, you can configure this in CMGroupBuying's Configuration.

To support multi-currency for CMGroupBuying and multi-account for PayPal payment plugin, the only solution is customizing the source code of them. We can add an option for every deal to mark what country/currency it is sold in, then when checkout we use the PayPal account of that country.

However, there is a problem. As buyer can buy many deals at once, if he buys a deal for US and a deal for Australia, we will need to handle this case.

Regards,
Hung
The administrator has disabled public write access.