Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Can not save coupon design

Can not save coupon design 7 years 2 months ago #2069

• venuscom
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, i can not save the design of the coupon in configuration. I use version 2.5 on Joomla 2.5. Every time i create a deal i have to re-design the coupon. I suspect a problem with a file's permission. Big problem especially if a partner wants to create a new deal.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can not save coupon design 7 years 2 months ago #2070

• hungtran
  • Thank you received: 245
Hi,
venuscom wrote:
Hi, i can not save the design of the coupon in configuration.

Could you please give us more detail about the problem? Like, is there any error message displayed? Is coupon element field still empty? etc...
venuscom wrote:
I suspect a problem with a file's permission. Big problem especially if a partner wants to create a new deal.

I'm sorry I don't understand this. What are these problems? Are they related to coupon design? We don't use any file for coupon design so there is no issue with file permission here.

Regards,
Hung

Can not save coupon design 7 years 2 months ago #2071

• venuscom
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok how to explain this.
When i go to the configuration section of the component, i create a coupon design. After i save it. But the design is unable to be saved. It is coming back to the previous condition. So every time i create a new deal i have to redesign the coupon from the begging.
I will send a ticket to give you access on my site to clarify the issue better

Thanks for the reply

Can not save coupon design 7 years 2 months ago #2072

• hungtran
  • Thank you received: 245
Hi,

The issue is caused by PHP's Magic Quotes.

This is a correct coupon element after you design:

{"qrcode":{"size": "150","top": "170","left": "187","visible": "true"},"couponcode":{"width": "100","height": "100","top": "217","left": "306","fontsize": "20px","align": "center","visible": "true"},"recipient":{"width": "100","height": "100","top": "315","left": "77","fontsize": "20px","align": "center","visible": "true"},"option":{"width": "100","height": "100","top": "85","left": "604","fontsize": "20px","align": "center","visible": "true"},"shortdesc":{"width": "100","height": "100","top": "213","left": "364","fontsize": "20px","align": "center","visible": "true"},"highlights":{"width": "100","height": "100","top": "108","left": "499","visible": "true"},"terms":{"width": "100","height": "100","top": "250","left": "293","visible": "true"},"couponexp":{"width": "100","height": "100","top": "101","left": "388","fontsize": "20px","align": "center","visible": "true"}}

However after you save the configuration, it becomes:

{\"qrcode\":{\"size\": \"150\",\"top\": \"170\",\"left\": \"187\",\"visible\": \"true\"},\"couponcode\":{\"width\": \"100\",\"height\": \"100\",\"top\": \"217\",\"left\": \"306\",\"fontsize\": \"20px\",\"align\": \"center\",\"visible\": \"true\"},\"recipient\":{\"width\": \"100\",\"height\": \"100\",\"top\": \"315\",\"left\": \"77\",\"fontsize\": \"20px\",\"align\": \"center\",\"visible\": \"true\"},\"option\":{\"width\": \"100\",\"height\": \"100\",\"top\": \"85\",\"left\": \"604\",\"fontsize\": \"20px\",\"align\": \"center\",\"visible\": \"true\"},\"shortdesc\":{\"width\": \"100\",\"height\": \"100\",\"top\": \"213\",\"left\": \"364\",\"fontsize\": \"20px\",\"align\": \"center\",\"visible\": \"true\"},\"highlights\":{\"width\": \"100\",\"height\": \"100\",\"top\": \"108\",\"left\": \"499\",\"visible\": \"true\"},\"terms\":{\"width\": \"100\",\"height\": \"100\",\"top\": \"250\",\"left\": \"293\",\"visible\": \"true\"},\"couponexp\":{\"width\": \"100\",\"height\": \"100\",\"top\": \"101\",\"left\": \"388\",\"fontsize\": \"20px\",\"align\": \"center\",\"visible\": \"true\"}}

Magic Quotes automatically adds slashes before quotes.

You should disable Magic Quotes on your server, if you can contact your hosting provider for support.

Since Joomla 3, Joomla is not running if Magic Quotes is on on server (docs.joomla.org/Magic_quotes_and_security).

Regards,
Hung
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by hungtran.