Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: No deal map, no category browsing map

No deal map, no category browsing map 2 years 2 months ago #4190

• edin
  • Fresh Boarder
No deal map, no category browsing map. Entered valid and working API key (no errors from maps api), entered geo coordinates - lat and lng, but no maps on site - nowhere. See page here: ananas.bg/grupovo/category-browsing and here: ananas.bg/grupovo/deal-map

Buttons on admin Get coordinates from address and View/select location also not working.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

No deal map, no category browsing map 2 years 2 months ago #4191

• hungtran
  • Thank you received: 245
Hi

The maps are working. The only issue is it shows the coordinates 0, 0 because the default location is not set in Configuration.

"Get coordinates from address" button does nothing if your address is empty or if Google can't find coordinates for your address.

Regards,
Hung

No deal map, no category browsing map 2 years 2 months ago #4192

• edin
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok, I understand for "Get coordinates from address". But after setting address, I click save and address disappear. And maps again not working - on both pages. If lat and lng are saved for at least one deal, maps must work, right?

But are set and do not sbown on site - see attached screen - there are zero and zero in html code:
center: new google.maps.LatLng(0.000000,0.000000),

No deal map, no category browsing map 2 years 2 months ago #4193

• edin
  • Fresh Boarder
And what is "default location"? You dont have such option in component's config. Location is set in deal and in locations - Burgas - city in Bulgaria.

No deal map, no category browsing map 2 years 2 months ago #4194

• edin
  • Fresh Boarder
Found problem, now all works - not so well, but works. You MUST write somewhere in description of your component "Maps are working ONLY with Geotargeting switched on".

The only one problem stay is location symbol not shown - i think this is due on CSS and z-index maybe - cursor or placemark.

May be is this line in css: cursor: url("maps.gstatic.com/mapfiles/openhand_8_8.cur"), default;

Now nowhere not shown placemark or cursor. May be you must style deals with something like this: maps.gstatic.com/mapfiles/api-3/images/spotlight-poi2.png
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by edin.

No deal map, no category browsing map 2 years 2 months ago #4195

• hungtran
  • Thank you received: 245
Hi,

The CSS style you mentioned belong to Google, not from the component or Joomla. Maybe there is a conflict between your Joomla template and that symbol's CSS, you just need to check what the conflict is and add a override style to your template's CSS. You put the site offline so I can't check it for you.

Regards,
Hung